Where magic happens!

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Another Scribner Bugs

So I tried copying down another of my favorite expressions Bugs makes from Heckling Hare. That look of ghastly surprise always makes me laugh.


My first attempt:
As you can see, the drawing is kind of flat and I completely messed up the nose since I didn't really remove it from his cranium sphere. Also the eyes are a bit too small.

My 2nd Attempt:
I fixed a lot of the flatness, and also took time to make sure the nose's form was more correct. If you look at the overlay the eyes are almost perfect. The left eyebrow bulges up too much from the head, and the ears aren't angled right. The draw is dropped a little too low, and I completely ignored the curve in the neck. My neck just goes straight down and totally kills the image. But I'm pretty happy with the facial features, they are much tighter and wrap around the head more accurately than the last one.

So I tried copying down another of my favorite expressions Bugs makes from Heckling Hare.

No comments: